Erasmus Mundus Action 2 and EMAIL
Who can apply?
- This call we are targeting PhD exchange students and post doctorates ONLY (GUIDELINES BY UNIVERSITY).
Both Israeli (both PhD and post-docs) and EU (PhD only!) students and researchers can apply!
What does it mean?
- You can go to Europe for 1 – 2 semesters to carry out part of your research
- You will get 1500 EUR/month or 1800 EUR/month (post-doc) plus your travel costs and insurance expenses covered
- As a PhD exchange applicant you have to be enrolled at your home institution for the whole time as a PhD student and once you get back, you will finish your studies there
What do I have to do?
- Read all the instruction at this website and start the online application
- Choose a EU partner university
- Prepare a research proposal and send it to the EU partner university contact person. The university will do its best to find a suitable supervisor. Once the supervisor is found, you will receive an invitation/pre-acceptance letter which you can upload to the online application along with other required documents
When does the mobility start?
- As a PhD or Post-doctorate grantee you can start any time after being selected. The only rule is that the mobility has to start no later than December 31st 2016.
About Erasmus Mundus Action 2
Erasmus Mundus Action 2 fosters institutional co-operation in the field of higher education between the European Union and non-EU countries through a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges for the purpose of studying, teaching, training and research.
The EMAIL project is one of the selected Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects for the cooperation between the EU and Israel in higher education. EMAIL has 3 different phases in the form of 3 different consortia (EMAIL, EMAIL II and EMAIL III), within all those 3 projects, EMAIL provides grants to excellent candidates from Israel to the partner institutions in the EU and from the EU to the partner institutions in Israel. Those grants are funded through the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 programme of the European Union. All the 3 EMAIL projects are coordinated by the Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic.
All EMAIL projects offer scholarships for bachelor, master's, doctoral and post doctoral students as well as mobility possibilities for academic and non-academic staff members.
The possibility to apply for a scholarship is now available in EMAIL II and EMAIL III projects. For more information, please check the "Who can apply?" and "How to Apply?" sections of this web site.